WOW just recently my husband and I have been using Ginger in our protein shakes to give them a little buzz.
We have to say since using this little knobbly spice it really has spiced things up! Before you go off on another tangent let me give you the:
10 amazing benefits of Ginger
- All this dieting or even stress can kill your appetite WHICH can make you feel even worse. Eating fresh Ginger will get the fire going again.
- Ginger improves the absorption for the nutrients in your body – Thats got to be good!
- If you suffer from nauseous? or travel sickness have a chew on some ginger..(coat in honey)
- Sinuses blocked up – especially around hayfever time? Yep Ginger clears the blockage..
- This one helped our household – Flatulence – windy? Please eat some Ginger…
- Maybe you get the gurgly tummy or suffer from cramps after eating – Yep, Ginger!
- Ginger has great anti-inflammatory properties so float it in your bath with nice oils.
- If you have just had some surgery and get a little queesy post-op – Chew some Ginger
- Ginger tea is awesome for sore throat and congestion plus it warms you up on the inside as well
- Spice up the libido with a big bowl of ginger soup – well not just ginger but go heavy on the ginger..
So there you have it some excellent reasons to buy yourself a little knob of Ginger to keep handy in the kitchen.
You can grate it into some juices or even use it fresh in your stir frys – or like us we just add some to our smoothies and shakes.
You may need to experiment witht the flavour but you can see by all the good things that come out of ginger there is plenty of reasons why its worth the effort..
For more info check out the post on Food Matter.tv for more recipes